I can hardly believe a whole year has gone by, or should I say flown by! Andrew is 1 and always getting himself into trouble. A couple of little facts about Andrew from this year:
- He hit all of his gross motor skills milestones way ahead of time, much to our displeasure. That means he was rolling over at 2 weeks, sitting up at 5 months, crawling at 7/8 months, and walking at 10 months. Now today, he has shown me that he is close to running. Yay for us. Nicholas didn’t start to crawl until 11 months and then walked very slowly at 13 months. I have mixed feelings about having Andrew so mobile so early!
- He refuses to do sign language. Nicholas loved it, but all Andrew did was the sign “more” at around 9 months. He quickly dropped it and proceed to either point and say “That!” or open his mouth and say “Aaaaaah” as if a sign was pointing in that said “Insert food here.”
- I thought Nicholas was a vocal kid, but Andrew has already shown us that he can do his older brother one better. He’ll come up to us, babble out some baby speak with intonations and facial expressions like we should completely understand what he is saying. We have already figured out that the way to complete the sentence or question is to respond with “Really!” or “Oh yeah?!”. 🙂
- He is a major klutz. He falls down and bumps something at least 3-4 times a day and cries hard about it. For being so active so early, you would figure that he would be more stable on his feet, but no.
- Andrew wants to do everything his older brother, Nicholas, wants to do. This sometimes works in both of their favors, but for the most part, this has been a major annoyance for Nicholas.
- Loves music and loves to dance. In fact, that was the only way I could get him to sit still for a few seconds during today’s quick photo shoot!
- If Andrew doesn’t get what he wants, watch out. Nicholas is our laid back kid, but I can’t say the same thing about Andrew!
- Just like his older brother, Andrew is a mama’s boy. I hope that sticks through high school & college. 😉
- He gives the best kisses and is a sweetheart deep down under that rough exterior.
I can’t wait to see what the next few years bring us!!!